Monday 15 November 2010

interview with a pro: Nadine Hunsperger


Memo dog interviewed a very special person. Nadine Hunsperger from Switzerland. Nadine this year collect a bronze medal in agility small category at the World Championship 2010 in Rieden.


Some warm up questions just for a better start:
milk or chocolate?
In German: Kinderschokolade
Chocolate with a heart of milk
2+3+1 = ?
=4+8-6
have you ever ride a train?
No
Black or white socks?
Black short socks
Do you like pizza?
Yes


Let's be more serious ,let's begin:


introduce a bit yourself
My name is Nadine Hunsperger, I’m 33 years old and have been doing 10 years Agility. I live in Switzerland.
My first dog was a Labrador retriever. I trained with him the search of people in an earthquake. Then I moved with him to Agility. He was a very good teacher for me.
Then I met my friend. He breeds shelties. I got my first Sheltie from him. He is also my agility trainer. We have been a dog school. I work but also as a teacher. Now I have three Shelties. They are called "Q" (6 years), Snook (3 years) and Icy Ice (2 years).


you made a big difference between 2009 and 2010 World Championship a lot of training and more experience on the shoulders ?
I have not trained much more. My dog was injured in the summer and I had to pause. After it was difficult to find the old team spirit. My dog has me shown that it helps me when it's important. And this is a good team feeling.
Last year we had a little bad luck. And this year we were very lucky.


Do you wanted to do better at the World championship 2010?
Yes. I did not want to run a typical Swiss. But I am a swiss ...
I wanted to run faster this year and more risk.


I think you are in love with the Shetland Sheepdog , why?
I'm in love with my Shetland Sheepdog ... He shows me everyday that he wants to be with me. He wants to work with me. He does everything for me and fight for me. He looks at me and I know he is my best friend. I can always count on him. He is the best ... He has good size and is still a real dog.


you do other sports with your dogs?
A little bit dogdance… Tips and Tricks



how much time you devote to training during the week?
I train with my dog an hour a week. My motto is: less is more


do you think that small agility is just a bit discriminated against the large?
I think many people underestimate the agility with small dogs. A victory for the little dogs in the Agility scene is not as much value as a victory with a big dog. Too bad ... There are many difficulties with large and small dogs. It is not the same difficulties, but large and small, have as much trouble.
For me, the little dogs make the same power as the big dogs.


where you see yourself in 4 years?
In four years I will have with my current dog is still a lot of fun in agility.


best and worst competition
Best: Agility-wc & Fionia-Cup Danmark
Worst: An agility competition in Switzerland, where I had to run into a lot of snow.


favorite music
Current charts


if you weren't involved in dog sport what would you have done in your life?
If I am not in dog sports, I would have my boyfriend do not know. But I would still have dogs and enjoy each day.


Explain a day in your life
I wake up early in the morning with my dogs in the bed. I work a day in a school as a cooking teacher and I give the evening course in agility and dog training. In every free minute I'm traveling with my dogs or cuddle with them.


your plans for the future
Do not forget to be happy…


Do you have anything else you would like to add?
Do not forget that the dogs are not a sports equipment. I have the same hobby as my dog and together we have fun.Everything else is unimportant!


Agility WC 2010, Agility Individual Small, Nadine Hunsperger & Q
by swiss4agility



2. WM-Quali in der Schweiz | 03. Mai '09 | Nadine Hunsperger & Q - Small, Agility
by swisspaws



all the photos are a courtesy of Nadine Hunsperger

0 comments:

Post a Comment

wibiya widget