Tuesday 10 May 2011

interview with a photographer: Iztok Noč


The photographer of the month is Iztok Noč. He's giving us , over the years , memorable shots that will remain in the history of the sport of dog.
He's from a small country, Slovenia. One who started taking pictures of dog events almost accidentally. Now he's Known All Over The World.
He has grown his reputation and earned the respect of other photographers by taking superb pictures whenever he's present on an event.
check the interview :)
First of all some warm up questions
What sound or noise do you hate?
Alarm clock early in the morning when wake me up for the work


Do you believe the weather forecast on TV ?
yes


If you were a color what color would you be?
blue


Ok , I think is enough , let's be more serious begin with the interview
could you tell our readers a little about yourself
My name is Iztok Noč, I come frome western part of Slovenia. I have 4 dogs and a lot of outdoors activities, moutain climbing, moutain biking, hikinig with dogs, so I am always in some kind of time trap. I am working in a public library. When I was younger I was competing in skiing, now I maintain contact to snow through ski touring in mountains. I also spend a lot of time behind computer screen, I like to play with my photos with post production tools.


How did you first get into photography?
Funny story, when I start with agility I have to much time when I was waiting for my run and I started making photos.


You are also active in dog sports , can you tell us more about that?
I am involved in agility, I have 4 dogs: airdale terrier, the dog I started with, australian sheepdog - my smartest dog, but not willing to work, belgian sheepdog malinois - beach with huge motivation for work, so much motivation that she forgot to think :) and bearded collie, my future "champion", but I am not to serious with competitions, my moto is that I am only competing with myself, so you know who the winner is ;)


What kind of equipment do you use?
I am Nikon guy, I use Nikon D3 and mostly Nikon 70-200/2,8 lenses, occasionaly 12-24/2,8 and 24-70/2,8 Nikon both


Which one item of equipment would you say is the most important to you?
It is combination, body because of full frame and fast focusing and lenses with 2,8 aperture to give me freedom to play with debth of field.


How do you as a photographer know if photos are really art? Or if people are just being nice? At what point did you evolve from a person who takes photos to a photographer and then to an artist?
I am not thinking I am artist in true meaning of this word, I am just capturing images in which I hope I record the most beautiful aspect of the hapening I work on. I am always trying to capture the beautiful part of the particular sport, I am never publishing some accidents or unpleasant situations.

What is it you like the most about being a photographer?
I like to think and find the way how to make the best photo in certain conditions, I like the challenge on competitions when I know, that i have only one chance to make the right choice.


What was your most memorable moment in your photographer career?
My first Agility World Championship in Montechiari, I was so lost and with such great motivation to make nice photos - I am still greatfull to profesional photographer who was making photos for Clean Run for his help.


How is the relationship between photographers during major competitions. It is a fight for location / placement ... (just joking)
oh, I am not fighting, I am very talkable person, so they give up without a fight just no to listen me ;)


Who are your influences? Do you have a favorite photographer ?
No

Why do you love photography?
Photography is great way to express myself, and what is even better through photography I meet so many new friends around the world


List your three best moments in photography of 2010
For last year I am most proud on my photos from Agility World Championship in Rieden, really tricky condition for photographing link


second event is from category more luck then brain, I went through the frozen gorge Vintgar, spectacular scenes, but very dangerous link


third event is not one it is sum of events, I made a lot of photos of my pack on our 
dog-walks I just love my dogs link



Plans for the future
Nothing special, maybe to master flash photography :)



If you could change your life in one way, what would you change?
Oh, just to have more free time



Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview! 



visit myspace.agility-slo.net










all the photos are a courtesy of Iztok Noč



0 comments:

Post a Comment

wibiya widget