Wednesday 20 July 2011

5 questions with : Kristine Goossens



name: Kristine Goossens
sport: dog dance,agility,canicross
country: Belgium
www.felici-animali.be


Favorite drink?
Fresh orange juice


What are the achievements you are most proud of?
I’m very proud of everything I’ve achieved with our Havanese (a small breed of the Bichon group). Havanese are typical lap dogs but with a great will to please. It’s a challenge to work with them since they like to sleep most of the day, but they can also be very active. I love doing Canine Freestyle and Agility with them.
With one of our Havanese, Dalia, I’ve obtained the 3rd place for the Dog Sport Award of “Best Dog Dancer 2009” (in Belgium). Dalia is the sunshine in my life!
I’m also very proud of the results with our Havanese during Canine Freestyle competitions. I’ve obtained several 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. I’ve worked on 34 Dog Dance routines with our Havanese (and Maltese) in 7 years.
I’m most proud of the routine on “Who’s afraid of the big bad wolf?” in which I work with three dogs together and the routine on “The Bongo Song” in which me and my mother Linda handle each one of us 2 dogs (so 4 dogs together). My favourite routines are those on the film music of “Pirates of the Caribbean” and Requiem for a dream of “Lord of the rings”. My newest Canine Freestyle routine is a combination of Dog Dance and Irish Dance (heavy shoe) on the theme song of “Happy Feet”.
Just recently, I’ve made a video with the help of my mother Linda, of our Havanese drumming on “The Bongo Song” of Safri Duo. We’ve accepted the Drumming Challenge of Silvia Trkman. And we won . This is the video including all our Havanese (adults and puppies)
Canine Drumming Challenge - The Havanese Freestylers (Drummers)
by felicianimali


Have you ever been on tv?
A few times in the past. One of them was many years ago in a kids program.


What sound or noise do you hate?
The noise of a grinding wheel. The sound of a mosquito buzzing around my head.


What profession would you like to attempt?
I’m a student. I have my diploma of languages & literature and teaching (French and Italian) and I’m studying now for animal care. It would be a dream coming true if I could do something with dogs and horses as a profession.

video
Havanese Dalia & Dog Dance
by felicianimali

0 comments:

Post a Comment

wibiya widget