Thursday 30 December 2010

interview with a dog trainer: Andrea Deeg


Before the end of the year MEMO DOG gives you another interview. This time it's about agility with a highly respected trainer Andrea Deeg. Enjoy reading


warm up questions for a better star
If a trainer came to you and asked what he could do to become a better dog trainer, what would you tell him?
Never think what you already achieved is enough, but always try to learn something new.

Do you think that you can teach SHAGGY & SCOOBY DOO(warner bros characters) to get in A3? 
Of course, my dogs also run in A3 ;-)


The last Country you have visited?
Switzerland


WM Quali 2010 - Day Jp3     by DfiniundDeeesi




The INTERVIEW :


could you tell our readers a little about yourself 
I'm a stressed teacher in Germany – therefore I have to find peace and happiness with my dogs

Tell me a little bit about your start in dog sports?
When I was twelve I wanted to have a cat. Since I'm allergic to cats, my parents decided a dog would be as good as a cat. So they bought a German Shepherd Mix for me. This dog turned out to be very difficult and I could hardly handle it. So I had to join a training class....


Who has influenced you the most when you started doing agility (who inspires you) 
Nobody, because there wasn't anybody who already practised Agility at that time.

Hope a-Lauf WM 2007 - Hamar - 2.Platz by DfiniundDeeesi


You travel around Europe to teach agility. If anyone said it ten years ago what would you have said ?
I would have wondered, why they had fired me from my proper way of earning my living, so that I have to travel around, offering my humble services to anyone who might pay me for it.

You do the seminars only with Remo Müller, explain this union 
Basically it is always helpful to do seminars with two coaches. It is a fact that four eyes see more than two.
Why Remo – he is a person whom I get along veeeerrryyyy well both professionally and in private. His training methods and mine combine almost perfectly and it is a pleasure to work with him.


Why tunnelkrokodil?
Unfortunatelly I have to admit that this is a rather boring story. Some day was asked to handle our school-website. Since I had no real insight into webdesign, I opened a kind of training-area for me to testrun different projects. Since I didn't want to be found on the Net I needed a name with no connection to my person and using a lot of pictures from competitions – with bare-teethed dogs running in and out of tunnels – I came up with TUNNELKROKODIL.

Tell us all about your program /What training techniques do you use when training your dogs?
For me Agility is a challenging sport and I want to achieve good results, but nevertheless the most important thing is, that my dogs and I enjoy to train and compete. I love to see dogs doing agility with a smile on their faces.
I give seminars because I like to spread and share my experience – with nice people.
Training is based on motivation and positive reinforcement of the dogs.
My handling is mostly influenced by the “theory of circles”, trying to stay close with the dogs or do handling in front of the dogs.
But in my opinion there does not exist the one way to handle dogs that fits for all – every team is different and because of this, handling has to be adapted to every team individually.
Day J3 2010 by DfiniundDeeesi



What was your favorite training moment?
I always enjoy the training sessions with my dogs.




visit the page
www.tunnelkrokodil.de




videos
Hope Grade 6 Jumping    by DfiniundDeeesi



Hope German Classics 2010 Jumping Individual   by DfiniundDeeesi



Hope German Classics 2010 Agility Individual    by DfiniundDeeesi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

wibiya widget