Friday 24 December 2010

interview with a pro: Željko Gora


OK . The time is come to introduce the new interview with a PRO. This time I have selected Željko Gora , one that is growing considerably in the agility world scene. In the last few years we heard of him on all the biggest competitions like the European Open , the World Championship and also at the FMBB.Happy reading!


Warm up questions for a better start


Have you ever rideen a Tomos Automatik?
Yes, last time in 1990 I think.


Last time you call the police ?
I think never.


Beer or Vodka?
Both :)




Now you are ready . Let's begin the real interview...


introduce yourself 
My name is Željko Gora, doing agility 18 years since I was 12. My first dog was mix breed and after him I had/have malinois and border collies.
I finished occupational therapy but I am only working with dogs not in my university profession.
Now I have three dogs Djurdja how is 6 yeras (malinois) Tip who is 2 years (BC) and new one Gunga who is 11 weeks old (malinois).

How is growing in Croatia and train agility . How is the agiltiy scene in Croatia?
In Croatia agility is not so popular as in some other countries. We have less then hundred people doing agility, but the good side is that we need to focus on ourselves more and show ourselves outside so results are coming from that.
People rarely do agility as professionals putting it in the first place in their list of priority but we can be proud to say everyone doing it is often in top of the game with their results.


When you start agility who was your “role model“?
Didn't have any „role model“.

Nowadays do you have a mentor?
Myself :) ,then you have to try harder and show yourself that you can do better.
You are yourselves biggest critic.


From the 1992 until 2010 which year was the most rewarding ?
2010. FMBB with Djurdja 2nd place, EO with Tip 3rd place, border collie clasicc 2nd place team and World Championship with Tip 7th place.


What music can you not leave home when you go to a competition ?
I was never thinking about that not so important for me.


You grab the podium at the EUROPEAN OPEN 2010 and finish 7th at the World Championship 2010 in Rieden both with Tip - the youngest dog of the competition. Is it just marks the beginning of a new winning combination between You and Tip?
I hope it is and that we will have many more good results together next year and many after that.



Tip has a great talent, who comes from the parents and you have the right experience to make the difference in the 2011.What are your expectations for the 2011?
My expectations: to have better results next year or good results like this year at least.


This year you went to the FMBB and did an excellent result , how it was?
It was great. I showed myself and others I can do a lot with a dog who is not perfect for agility.
I am proud of her and I think she did her best on that competition.


How much time you devote to training during the week?
It depence but lets' say 3-4 times per week. I like to train almost every day short sequences and around 10-15 minutes.



Where you see yourself in the 2014?
In agility of course :)


If you do not practice this sport what would you have done in your life?
I would probably work in some wellness center. Hard to say what would be if would be.


Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview! Do you have anything else you would like to add?
Try to have your dogs as pets not only working objects. Think about their health don't show your carrier threw them.

visit the page
www.zeljkogora.com




videos
Željko Gora agility finał FMBB Cottbus 19-23.05.2010
by bomalino



Agility EO 2010 Final Large Place 3 - Gora Željko
by MockeundLif


all photos are a courtesy of Željko Gora 

1 comments:

Maja Rokavec said...

Great! :) I especially like "the add".

Post a Comment

wibiya widget